You are here
Home » How do I save my files to a CD using a Mac?
How do I save my files to a CD using a Mac?
One option is to use Toast Titanium(TM) software (found on the Library's Media Studio Macs).
Step by Step:
- Create and organize a folder on the desktop with the data you wish to burn. Leave your folder open.
- The CD-R goes in the slot on the right side of the iMac computer. If there is already a CD in the drive, eject it by hitting the eject button on the keyboard (in the upper right ).
- Start Toast Titanium(TM) application (looks like a toaster).
- Click the Data tab in the Toast window.
- In the window's selection drawer, select ISO 9660 to ensure compatibility of your disc with both Windows and Mac.
- Drag the files/folders prepared in Step 1 into Toast's drop zone.
- Important! You cannot erase or re-record CD-R discs after this point--make sure you have the exact files you want before proceeding.
- To view, add or delete these files within Toast, click the Select button.
- Start the CD recording process by clicking on the red Record button in the lower right corner of the Toast Window.
- Verify number of copies (1) and Write Speed (best) , then click Record to confirm the recording process.
- Eject your CD when Toast completes writing and displays the dialog box stating "Your disc is ready."
- Close Toast: from the Toast Titanium menu, select Quit Toast Titanium. When prompted, click Don't Save .
For more information or to request a consultation, contact the Service Desk at (434) 924-5444.