You are here
Home » Health and Medical Mobile Software
Health and Medical Mobile SoftwareCertain Library resources, such as our databases, provide applications for use on mobile devices. This page provides information about apps available to UVa faculty, staff, and students. As these apps are included in our subscriptions, they are free to our users. AccessMedicine | Browzine (Journals) | Cochrane | Micromedex | PubMed for HandHelds | STAT!Ref | UpToDate
For Apple and Android Devices
- This app contains only a subset of the titles available via the web version of the resource. Titles include Quick Medical Diagnosis & Treatment, Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology, Diagnosaurus (differential diagnosis tool) and Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests. These resources are designed for use in a point-of-care setting.
- Prior to using this app, you must create a My Access account while on-Grounds, or while using a proxy connection. Learn more about the app and My Access accounts.
- You must log onto your My Access account while on-Grounds, or while using a proxy connection, at least once every 90 days to verify your affiliation with UVa.
For Apple Devices and Android Tablets
- Use this app to browse e-journals by subject or title, and read the complete current issue as well as older issues.
- After installing the app, select “University of Virginia” from the list of institutions, and log in via NetBadge.
- Create a personal bookshelf of up to 64 titles, enabling you to quickly review new issues of the publications you follow.
- Get monthly selections from Cochrane Systematic Reviews selected by their Editor in Chief.
- New content can be downloaded automatically.
- Once downloaded, content can be viewed without a Wi-Fi connection; take Cochrane on your travels!
For Apple, Android, and Windows Devices
- When you first access these apps, and periodically thereafter, you will need an access code. Find this code by selecting “Download Center” from the Micromedex website:
- Scroll down the page to find the codes for each app and then enter the codes in the app when prompted.
- Use this guide for additional help when using mobileMicromedex.
Micromedex NeoFax and Pediatric EssentialsFor Apple (NeoFax & Pediatric Essentials) and Android (Pediatric Essentials) Devices
- When you first access these apps, and periodically thereafter, you will need an access code. Find these codes by selecting "NeoFax/Pediatrics" from the Micromedex website:
- Then select "Mobile":
- Scroll down the page to find the codes for each app and enter the codes in the apps when promoted.
For Apple and Android Devices.
- Take the power of PubMed with you with an app that makes mobile searching easier!
- Search via one of several methods, including natural language queries and PICO questions and then quickly view abstracts the TBL (the bottom line) summaries.
- Save search results to your archive, or email them to yourself and others.
For Apple, Android, and Blackberry Devices
- Search across the Library’s STAT!Ref titles, including Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses, Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy, and the Red Book Atlas of Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- Watch this video to learn how to download and activate the app:
- You must verify your access every 90 days. You will receive an email warning when this is necessary.
For Apple, Android, and Windows Devices
- Prior to using this App, you must create a personal account while on an on-Grounds network. See “How do I configure my mobile device for remote access to UpToDate?” for step-by-step instructions.
- You must log onto your UpToDate account while on Grounds, or while using a proxy connection, at least once a month to verify your affiliation with UVa. UpToDate will send you an email reminder before access expires.
- You can have only two mobile devices registered to your account, and must remove a device from your account before you can install the app on a new device.
Additional SourcesAdditional free and pay-per-view resources can be found at the various app stores:
- Apple App Store or via the App Store on your iOS mobile device
- Google Play Store or via the Google play app on your Android mobile device
- Windows App+games or via Store on your Windows mobile device