You are here
How do I set up UVa Gmail on my Blackberry?
Request and configure a UVa Gmail account, then set up Mail on your Blackberry to connect to UVa Gmail. Google offers a downloadable Gmail application for your Blackberry. Before you download and configure it, set up your UVa Gmail account online following the instructions in this topic.
- From a desktop or laptop computer, request a UVa Gmail account from ITC. UVa Gmail accounts are designed for students, but faculty and staff may also request UVa Gmail accounts through the link above.
- Log in to UVa Gmail at http://www.mail.virginia.edu.
- In the top right corner of the screen, select Settings, then select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab:
- Next to IMAP Access, select Enable IMAP, then click Save Changes.
- In the top right corner of the screen, select Settings again, then select the Accounts tab.
Note: You must reset your password inside of UVa Gmail on your computer's browser to access UVa Gmail on your Blackberry. It does not matter whether you reset to a new password or reset to your existing password, this change is necessary to inform Gmail of your password, since without this step, regular Netbadge authentication into UVa Gmail via the web does not complete thet setup required for mobile access to UVa Gmail.
- Next to Change Password, click the Change Password link, then click Yes, reset my password.
- Log out of UVa Gmail, then exit your browser.
- Restart your browser, then log in to UVa Gmail at http://www.mail.virginia.edu. When prompted, reset your UVa Gmail password. You may set it to the same password as you use for other UVa accounts.
- From your Blackberry's browser, go to http://m.google.com/mail to access the Gmail mobile application.
- Download and install the application.
- You should now see this icon under your application list:
- You can click on the icon and use your UVa email and your new password to access Gmail.
- You're done!
For more information or to request a consultation, contact the Service Desk at (434) 924-5444.