You are here
How do I borrow materials not owned by UVa?
The Health Sciences Library subsidizes the cost of retrieving materials not owned by UVA that support the educational, patient care, and research missions of the Health System. Use ILLiad, the Library's electronic document delivery system, to request an interlibrary loan of books, journal articles, or other resources not owned by UVa libraries, and to request PDF copies of materials from HSL's print collections.
ILLiad speeds up the processing of requests, allows you to track the status of requests, and provides for electronic delivery of articles. The Library subsidizes all costs for interlibrary loan service.
- On the Library's Home page, click ILLiad Interlibrary Loan under SERVICES in The Library at a Glance box.
- You will be prompted to sign in using your NetBadge credentials.
- If you are already a registered ILLiad user, you will automatically be logged into ILLiad. First time users, will be prompted to create an ILLiad account.
- Enter the information for all required fields.
- Once registered, you can begin submitting requests by filling out the request form in ILLiad.
For additional information about ILLiad contact Jeri Davis at (434) 924-0058 or contact the Library Service Desk at (434) 924-5444.