How do I import references into RefWorks or EndNote from the Web, PDF, or a Word document?
By using the Citation Finder in HubMed, reference lists from PDFs, or Word documents can easily be converted into search results and then imported into bibliographic management software such as RefWorks or EndNote. Note: this tool only works with citations which can be found in PubMed.
- Accept or delete parsed references.
- Export selected references using RIS format.
- Under "References," select "import."
- Under Import Filter/Data Source and Database, select RIS Format.
- Find the file you just downloaded (name: hubmed_ris.ris) and click Import.
Click the link below to see the instructions that were developed by the librarians at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.