You are here
How do I request materials from other UVa Libraries?
Use the LEO Service to request delivery of UVa-owned books, journal articles or other resources to your UVa Library of choice. LEO is a free service available to Health System staff and faculty to request items at other UVa Libraries. The turnaround time is two to four business days. All materials delivered by LEO for Health System users are made available for checkout at the Health Sciences Library Service Desk. You will be notified when the item has been received.
- On the Library's Home page, locate the orange Top Resources column and click Virgo.
- In the Search box, enter the book title or journal name you would like to request, then click Search.
- A brief-record display of the book or journal will result. If more than one item matches your search, click on the item to see the brief-record display for that item.
- At the bottom right of the record display, click Request LEO Delivery (faculty/SCPS).
- Click Sign in with NetBadge to request this item.
- Then choose Health Sciences Users Only, and click Select.
- If you are already a registered ILLiad user, the LEO/IVY REQUEST page will appear. First time users will be prompted to create an ILLiad account.
- Enter additional information about the request if needed:
If you are requesting a book, Virgo will automatically add the required book information. Click Submit Request.
If you are requesting a journal article, enter the article title, year, volume number, and page numbers, then click Submit Request.
- You will be notified by email when the item has been received electronically or is ready for pickup at the Health Sciences Library.
For additional information about LEO, contact Jeri Davis at (434) 924-0058 or email@example.com.