How do I configure my mobile device for remote access to UptoDate?
Remote access to UpToDate is available through a Web browser (UVa Netbadge required) or through an UpToDate app for mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows 8). Mobile access via the app requires creation of an UpToDate account. Follow the instructions below to create your account, install the app, and maintain remote access to UpToDate.
- Go to UpToDate while you are connected to an on-Grounds network (e.g. Cavalier, HSCS-wireless, or UVA ethernet, NOT a cell phone data connection). If you are off-Grounds, you will be prompted for Netbadge.
- Create an account using the Log In/Register button in the upper right of the page.a. User name: 6-50 charactersb. Password: 8 characters - should include one uppercase and one number (or a special character)
- Find the UpToDate app on your mobile device using the App Store (iPhone/iPad), Play Store (Android) or Windows Store (Windows 8).
- Download and install the UpToDate app to your mobile device.
- Log into your account using your user name and password on your mobile device.
The latest UpToDate content will then be downloaded and updated on your device.
- Important: you will need to log onto your UpToDate account on Grounds at least once a month in order to verify your affiliation with UVa and keep your remote account active.
Ways to verify your affiliation:
a. While on an on-Grounds network, go to UpToDate on our home page or to http://proxy.its.virginia.edu/login?url=http://www.uptodate.com/online/content/search.do?unid=^u&srcsys=EZPX112278&eiv=2.1.0. Once there, log on using your UpToDate user name and password. If you are off-Grounds, you will be prompted for Netbadge to access UpToDate, and then log on using your UpToDate user name and password.
b. While on a UVa wireless network, log on to UpToDate through the mobile app on your device.
- Note that no more than two mobile devices are allowed to share one UpToDate account. You will need to log out from one of the devices to access UpToDate on the other device. You may log out while on the device or go to UpToDate and then go to My Account and click Manage My Devices to logout from the device.