You are here
Home » How do I export Ovid citations into EndNote for Windows?
How do I export Ovid citations into EndNote for Windows?
Conducting a good Ovid search takes time and effort. Save yourself steps when you find the citations you want -- use Ovid's built-in tools to export search results directly into EndNote bibliographic database software.
Step by Step:
- On the Library's Home page, in the Databases column, select Ovid MEDLINE.
- In the Ovid MEDLINE screen, perform your search. Follow the directions to refine your search if you so choose.
- Once you have completed your search, click Display.
- Select each listed item you want to export to your bibliographic database by clicking its checkbox, then click Export.
- In the Export Citation List box, set Export to to Endnote (change from default RefWorks). Leave the default for Select Fields to Display as Citation+Abstract. Click Export Citation(s).
Select Open with ResearchSoft Direct Export Helper (default), then click OK.
- If you are prompted to choose an Import Filter, see instructions below for installing all available Import Filters.
- You will be prompted to choose the "library" (EndNote's term for database) into which you want to import your citations. The default location for EndNote libraries is C:\Program Files\EndNote.
- The library will open, and you will be presented with only the citations you just imported into EndNote.
- To see all of the citations in your library, from the References menu, select Show All References.
- Default installation in later versions of EndNote includes only 100 files for Import Filters, Output Styles, and Connection Files.
- If you need to update your installation to include these additional files, put in your EndNote installation disk and select Modify when prompted.