You are here
How do I export Ovid citations into Reference Manager?
Conducting a good Ovid search takes time and effort. Save yourself steps when you find the citations you want -- use Ovid's built-in tools to export search results directly into Reference Manager bibliographic database software.
- On the Library's Home page, in the Databases column, select Ovid MEDLINE.
- In the Ovid MEDLINE screen, perform your search. Follow the directions to refine your search if you so choose.
- Once you have completed your search, click Display.
- Select each listed item you want to export to your bibliographic database by clicking its checkbox, then click Export.
- In the Export Citation List box, set Export to as Reference Manager (change from default RefWorks). Leave the default for Select Fields to Display as Citation+Abstract. Click Export Citation(s).
Select Open with ResearchSoft Direct Export Helper (default), then click OK.
You will be prompted to select the database into which you want to add the new citations. The default location for Reference Manager databases is C:\Program Files\Reference Manager\.
The database will open, and you will be presented with only the citations you just imported into Reference Manager. Change the tab of your main database from Imported to the name of your new database to see all of your citations.