You are here
Home » How do I export Ovid citations into RefWorks?
How do I export Ovid citations into RefWorks?
Use Ovid's built-in tools to export Ovid MEDLINE search results directly into RefWorks.
Step by Step:
- On the Library's Home page, select Ovid MEDLINE from the Top Resources column.
- From the Ovid MEDLINE screen, perform your search. Click Display to see your search results.
- Select each listed item you want to export to your bibliographic database by clicking its checkbox, then click Export
Note: There is a limit of 1000 citations per download in Ovid.
- In the Export Citation List popup box, RefWorks should be the default for Export To, and the default for Select Fields to Display is Complete Reference. Click Export Citation(s).
Note: If you wish to use MeSH headings as your RefWorks descriptors, Citation+Abstract+Subject Headings is the option for Select Fields to Display.
- The RefWorks login screen will open. Choose "Export to Legacy RefWorks". If you do not already have a RefWorks account set up, you will need to create one. Use your UVa Computing ID (e.g. tj4u) for your Log-in Name to ensure compatibility with UVa resources.
- After logging in, a status window will appear telling you your reference(s) have been imported. Click on the link for Last Imported folder to see your imported references.
- The Last Imported Folder window will appear, and the imported Ovid MEDLINE references will have been added to your main RefWorks database.
- If you use folders and want to put the imported references into a specific folder, you may do so at this point. Select the references you want to save to a folder by checking the box to the left of the reference. From the Folder icon, select the desired folder. The selected references will be saved to the folder you chose.