You are here
How do I manually add a publication to my UVa Faculty Profile?
1. Log in to profiles.scholars.virginia.edu using your Netbadge ID and password.
2. From the home page, under My Publications, click on the plus symbol next to Journal articles:
3. If you have the Title or the DOI for the article, enter it into the field below and click Search. (The DOI is an identifying number for online articles. It can sometimes be found in the PubMed record, or from the journal’s web page).
4. If the system is able to find the publication, it will appear below the DOI search box. Use the Claim button to add the article to your publication list.
5. If the system is not able to find the publication information through the Title or DOI, you can either manually add the citation (see Step 10), or use the PubMed ID (PMID) to retrieve the information. Follow the steps below if you have a PMID:
6. Return to the home page and click on My Search Settings near the bottom of the page.
7. Scroll down to the section for Online database IDs.
a. In the Online database IDs field, enter the PubMed ID number (PMID) (note, this is not the same as the PMCID).
b. Choose PubMed from the Online database drop-down.
c. Click on the plus symbol to the right.
8. Click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
9. The next time the system harvests publications (approximately every 15 minutes) your publication will appear under My Publicationsand the Pending tab.
10. If your publication cannot be found through a DOI or PMID search, you can add it manually to the Profiles system. Start with Steps 1-3 and enter the article's title into the search box and click on Search.
11. Profiles will return a list of matching articles in the Elements system already (perhaps via a co-author), or not in Elements (found via database searching). If you see your publication, click on the Claim button to the right of the citation. If none of the publications match, use the Go to next step link at the bottom of the page.
12. The Add journal article page will appear. Fill in the required fields and any additional information you would like to provide, and click on the Savebutton.