You are here
How do I claim or reject pending publications in my UVa Faculty Profile?
The UVa Faculty Profiles system will email you when it finds new publications in either PubMed or Web of Science that match your personal search settings. These will be placed in the ‘Pending’ section of your records to await your approval.
1. Log in to profiles.scholars.virginia.edu using your Netbadge ID and password.
2. If you are an administrative assistant with UVA Profiles privileges for your Department, click on the Impersonate button at the very top of your screen. You should see a list of your faculty. Click on the name to edit his or her profile.
3. You will now be on the Home page of the faculty profile.
4.To view and claim or reject the pending publications, click on the link in the yellow banner at the top of your home screen that says "Claim or Reject _ authored publication". If you don't see this message, there are no new publications waiting for you to claim or reject.
5.Claim or reject single publications using the ‘Claim as Mine’ or ‘Reject (Not mine)’ buttons to the right of the citation (see below).
6. Use the Mine, Not Mine, and Pending tabs to see the publications you've claimed, are pending, or you've rejected.
7. Note: you can click the Detailed view or Compact view buttons to change how much of the citation appears on the screen.
8. Alternatively, use the check boxes to mark multiple citations and the buttons at the top of the list to Claim or Reject your publications: