How do I connect to UVa library resources from off-Grounds on my iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch?
Access to UVa licensed resources such as online books, journals, and search tools (e.g. Ovid MEDLINE) is restricted to UVa faculty, staff, and students. To access these resources from outside UVa, you will need to use the UVa proxy server and log in via Netbadge.
Follow the instructions below to install the Moore Access mobile button for UVa-level access from Google, PubMed, or any non-UVa site on your iOS device
Open these instructions in the Safari browser of your iOS device.
- Bookmark this instruction page.
Tap the action arrow. at the bottom of the screen (iPhone, iPod Touch) or the left of the location bar (iPad), then tap Add Bookmark. Save the bookmark, named " Moore Access," to your iOS device's Bookmarks Bar (for button-like functionality) or Bookmarks folder if you prefer.
- Most important: edit the bookmark. You need to change the bookmark's URL to the text you copied in Step 2.
- Tap the Bookmarks button at the bottom of the screen (iPhone/iPod Touch) or top of the screen (iPad), then tap Edit.
- Locate the Moore Access bookmark you just saved, then tap it.
- Tap Done
- Navigate to the UVa-licensed resource you want to access, via Google or your search tool of choice.
- Click the button you just installed in your toolbar.
- Log in via Netbadge when prompted, and access the resource. Not eligible for Netbadge? See our EZproxy for Preceptors instructions.
- Doesn't work? Check VIRGO to make sure UVa licenses the resource you wish to access. Still doesn't work? Ask a Librarian.
- For help with accessing restricted Library resources from outside the University, Ask a Librarian or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For additional help, check out our page on troubleshooting proxy, the ITS proxy information page or contact the ITS Help Desk at 434-924-4357 for more information.
- Prefer not to install the button, or have an Android device? See the regular instructions for off-Grounds access via a UVa Library page, they work on mobile devices of any type, as well as laptop and desktop computers.
- Want a Moore Access button for your laptop or desktop browser? See the instructions for the Moore Access browser button.
- Note to Health System VPN users: Many journals and databases cannot be accessed through the Health System VPN connection. Use the instructions for off-Grounds access or install the Moore Access browser button for full access to UVa Library resources from outside the University on a laptop or desktop.