How do I connect to UVa library resources from off-Grounds?
Access to UVa licensed resources such as online books, journals, and search tools (e.g. Ovid MEDLINE) is restricted to UVa faculty, staff, and students. To access these resources from outside UVa, you will need to use the UVa proxy server.
To access library resources from off-Grounds, you will be prompted for a NetBadge login, which is the same system used to access your UVa e-mail.
To use the proxy to connect from off-Grounds:
- Start on a library page (either HSL or any UVa Library), then find the resource you need via one of our tools (e.g. PubMed, E-Journals, E-books).
- When prompted for Netbadge, log in with your UVa computing ID and a valid UVa password.
- Doesn't work? See Help below.
Optional:Install the Moore Access browser button for UVa-level access from Google, PubMed, or any non-UVa site.
Want access from your iOS mobile device? Install the Mobile Moore Access button.
- Problems connecting? If you used proxy prior to May 2012, you may need to turn off the old proxy. See instructions for removing your old proxy configuration settings.
- For additional technical help, see the ITS proxy information page or contact the ITS Help Desk at 434-924-4357.
- For help with specific resources that don't seem to be working with proxy, contact the Health Sciences Library at Ask a Librarian or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note to Health System VPN users: Many journals and databases cannot be accessed through the Health System VPN connection. Use the proxy as described above for full access to UVa Library resources from outside the University.