You are here
How do I get guest access to UVa's wireless network?
Temporary access to the UVa wireless network is available to guests of the University. Access to UVa's unsecured wireless network "Welcome_to_UVa_Wireless" is available throughout the Health Sciences Library and academic areas of the University. Temporary access (one, three, seven or twenty eight days) is available to guests of the University.
- In the Health Sciences Library, visit the Library Service Desk. Indicate that you are a guest at the University requesting temporary wireless access.
- The Service Desk staff will generate a temporary passcode for you using the Guest Wireless Passcode site.
- On your computer, locate and connect to the open wireless network Welcome_to_UVa_Wireless, just as you would connect to a public wireless network in a coffee shop or an airport. See ITS's instructions for connection tips specific to your operating system.
- Once you are connected to Welcome_to_UVa_Wireless, open a Web browser, and you will automatically be directed to the guest login page. Under ...Guests of the University, click Continue.
- Under Short-Term Guest Access, enter the passcode generated for you by the Service Desk in the Passcode box, your name and email / phone, then click Log In. You will need to enter the passcode each time you connect to wireless for the duration of your guest access.
- For more information or to request a consultation, contact the Service Desk at (434) 924-5444.
- For help with wireless computing elsewhere at UVa, contact ITS at (434) 924-HELP (924-4357) or online.