You are here
Home » How do I import references from PubMed to my RefWorks account?
How do I import references from PubMed to my RefWorks account?
To keep up to date with your references, conduct a search and select your records in PubMed, then export them from PubMed into RefWorks.
Step by Step:
- On the Health Sciences Library home page, select PubMed.
- In PubMed, perform a search in the Search Box, then click Search.
- Select the checkbox for each record you want to import into RefWorks, select Citation Manager from the Send to pulldown menu, then click the Create File button. Note that a maximum of 500 references can be exported at one time.
- Choose "Save file" when asked. The file will be saved as "citations.nbib" in a directory of your choice.
- On the Health Sciences Library home page, select RefWorks.
- Login with your user name and password at the RefWorks Login page, then click Login.
- Under References, select Import.
- Select NLM PubMed from the Import Filter/Data Source pulldown menu, then click Browse to find the text file that was just downloaded (citations.nbib).
- Click Import
- Click View Last Imported Folder to see the references you just imported.
You have now imported your references from PubMed into RefWorks.