Guidelines for Reserving the MILL
The MILL regularly hosts workshops, programs, and special events that promote interdisciplinary collaboration. We are particularly interested in programs that:
- Engage users in new research methods
- Engage users with important research issues, such as intellectual property and open access
- Include researchers across disciplines
- Showcase research, especially cross-disciplinary research
- Leverage new technologies
- Are open to the entire UVA community
Decisions about use of the space are at the sole discretion of the MILL advisory group.
How can I reserve a room for my event?
Submit details of your event (date, time, number of attendees, AV requirments, catering) to HSL-MILL@eservices.virginia.edu. The MILL advisory group will review your proposal and get back to you.
The MILL event space can hold up to 70 occupants.
- The MILL is a community space, so whiteboards are erased every morning.
- Food and drink are permitted. You are responsible for all catering arrangements, setup and cleanup.
- Tuesday, March 7th from noon to 1pm: Brandon Butler presenting on copyright and using images
- Tuesday, April 4th from noon to 1pm: Brandon Butler presenting on publishing in open access journals
- Monday, April 10th from 11am to 4pm: Elsevier Author Event
- Thursday and Friday April 20th and 21st from 7am to 6pm: UCSC Genome Browser Workshop
- Tuesday and Thursday April 25th and 27th from 8am to 2pm: AWIC (Animal Welfare Information Center) training
- Wednesday, April 26th from 1pm to 5pm: Public Health Sciences Poster Session